Tuesday, January 19, 2010

While we take this short break...


Let's talk SLAP CHOP!


My brother got me this for Xmas. I could not have been happier - I think I squealed like a little girl - my reaction may have even been a little embarrassing, but I could not contain my excitement. I mean have you SEEN Vince in action? He makes it look so easy. I often find myself in the "As Seen on TV" shop in the mall, mesmerized by this product. "Fettuccine, linguine, martini, bikini!"

Let's see if this mother works...

I started with onion - you know "the skin comes right off!" I needed to put this to the test. Yes, it does separate from the onion, but not as easily as it does in the infomercial, some half-cut onion comes with it...


























Its ok - I gave it another couple of slaps, and things worked out nicely.

Onto halved tomatos, seeds removed. It doesn't work. It won't cut it at all - like trying to cut leather. But if you cut it down a little into chunks it dices up quite easily...just one more little step there...















































Can it do Cilantro? Yes it can!
























Et voila! The final product...perfect fresh Salsa!

Now, is it all it's cracked up to be? Hmmmm...perhaps not. When I watch Vince do it, things slice apart a little too easily - like his own personal Slap Chop has diamond blades or something. But it's a fun product and the salsa turned out great!

5 comments:

RELH said...

hmmmm. yummy.

Anonymous said...

I laugh everytime I hear, read or say Slap Chop.

How's Mr Gratey or whatever Slap's side kick is called.
P

tge said...

First of all, the name Slap Chop is hilarious. Second of all this reminds me of the automatic wine opener my family passed around during Christmas...it really is as wonderful as you think. Not that I can have wine right now :(

Anonymous said...

Listen, you should get a job on the Shopping Channel!! Enjoyed your Slap Chop demo - good lookin Salsa .... what's next? Oh I see you are into baking now, bet your hubby has never had it so good! Best way to fill in the time till it's a go ... It will be soon, don't worry, things will work out. I feel it.

Anonymous said...

This was hillarious and I agree that you should be on the shopping channel - I too have one, not named the same and it certainly does not live up to it's name whatsoever and was tossed to the back of the cupboard years ago! I have been reading and will catch up with you by email but things are certainly getting closer - sorry, have been out the loop for a while but your blogs are still never failing to bring a smile even with all that heartache and now pressure - you still write wonderfully - can I be your editor when the time comes to publish pls! xxxxxx