Sunday, January 23, 2011

Transfer Date - February 7, 2011

Day 3 with Nickole went very well. Picked her up at the Spadina subway and we walked to the clinic together... She had the usual blood drawn, and a vaginal ultrasound to see how things are looking, and apparently things are looking good. In the meantime, I had a chat with the doc. He said that a day 3 embryo transfer normally happens on Day 18 of a cycle, but because we are doing a Day 5 blastocyst transfer, it would occur on Day 20 (2 days later). That brings us to February 7th. Nickole did some blog digging to see what I was doing last year around this time, and discovered that the egg retrieval with Salla happened on February 7th. She wondered if this was a good sign... funny how it will be a year to almost the exact day... I'm glad that my transfer date last year doesn't land on the same date this year... just 'cause...well we know how that played out! I am not one for superstition or levels of luck anymore, I have to throw all of that out the window because luck does not appear to be on my side, and if I rely on it, it will give it more power. But for now I remain hopeful that with my body out of the picture, things will just happen as they should...and we'll finally get our pregnancy.

4 comments:

IZZY said...

MAYBE YOU WILL GET THE BIRTHDAY PRESENT YOU HAVE BEEN WANTING FOR A LONG TIME!! IT'S NOT ABOUT LUCK, IT'S ABOUT GETTING WHAT YOU DESERVE AFTER ALL THIS TIME. AS GRANNY AND DORIS DAY USED TO SING: QUE SERA SERA, WHATEVER WILL BE, WILL BE, THE FUTURE'S NOT OURS TO SEE, QUE SERA SERA .....

Anonymous said...

awesome! i hope everything goes well! i'm so excited for you! finally it's happening!!!

Salla

ks said...

Only 7 more days!!! :) Please know I'm thinking of you all and praying / hoping for a wonderful long deserved awesome outcome! All my best to you!

Veronique said...

I am so excited for you!!! You seem to have found a great match.

My transfer will be on Feb 17th. Our transfers are so close! hehe

I`ll be praying for a succesful transfer! :)

VĂ©ronique

http://www.lifeasaluce.blogspot.com/